Sunday, April 4, 2010

Export XMP metadata to comma or tab...

Hi all



I'm just starting a project to scan about 20,000 negatives in an archive

for a library.



I've just done an initial test batch of about 30 images, entering

document names, creator, description and copyright into the file info

dialog in PS CS4.



Is there any way, with or without a third party program, to export the

entered data as comma or tab delimited text so we can import the info

into a data base so we don't have to enter the data twice?





Thanks



Dave Smith
Export XMP metadata to comma or tab...
I wrote a bridge script that might do the job...

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2365
Export XMP metadata to comma or tab...
[autoquote deleted]



Thanks Paul



The script certainly outputs the fields I need.



I seem to have two problems though.



In testing with the Appleworks database the commas are not being picked

up as delimiters.



I just realized that there are commas in the text of some of the

descriptions which will interfere with the import.



Can the script be modified to use tabs instead.



I haven't done any programming since BASIC back in the Radio Shack TRS80

days but if you point me in the right direction I might be able to

modify the script myself.



Thanks



Dave Smith

This version is now tab delimited.

http://www.aoow34.dsl.pipex.com/Download/CSVdcTAB.zip



Boy you were posh a TRS80, I still had the Vic 20 only 23 characters accross the screen. Still managed to run Radio Teletype RX/TX with it.

10 print ''j is awesome''

20 goto 10



hahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment