Thursday, April 1, 2010

is there a way of making contacts in...

Is there a way of making contacts in CS4??? I can't find it and I have to go back to CS3 every time I have to give proofs to my clients. I hope is not taken out from the program.

Thanks,



Dan Demetriad



[email deleted for privacy]
is there a way of making contacts in...
Dan,



It's part of Bridge now.



Neil
is there a way of making contacts in...
If you want the old Photoshop CS3 version to use in Photoshop CS4, you need to install the optional files which are down-loadable from:



http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404900

...for no apparent good reason the simple drop-down choice was removed. Just to give folks another reason not to upgrade to CS4 I guess, or maybe because we need more items in our learning curve. Go figure.

Allen:



The Bridge method works faster but if you still want to do it the CS3 way, you can.



http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404900

Thanks to you all, especially you Ann. I'll do the CS3 way as I added some actions to the process that makes the proofs more attractive- logo on top, 1 pix black borders around the images etc.

Dan Demetriad

[contact deleted for privacy]

Dan,



Publicly exposing your email address to the spambots is not a prudent idea. :/

Thanks. Did not think of it due to to the forum environment.

I'll remember your advise.

Dan,



I deleted your email addy]



Neil

Dan,



I deleted your email addy.



Neil

Hey Dan,



I've found the ''PS CS4 goodie'' folder on the adobe site and installed the contact sheet II option into the automate area - you should be able to do the same and save the actions set you use in CS3 then bring the set into CS4 and get what you need with out having to keep going back into CS3. It's just not practical for me to have a set of contacts in pdf format, it's definitely a step backwards for me.

I'd hoped for an improvement, currently I drag the custom sized sheets I've got it generating as tiff files onto another tiff template I've set up, so I can include a title etc on the actual print out - but this is time consuming. I hope you dont mind me asking but how did you edit yours with actions? I'd love to automate the process but not sure how as each title is different as per the job, and I like to add page numbers.



Apologies for the rambling rant, hope you get sorted Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment