Sunday, April 4, 2010

Layer Effect Separation

I duplicated a layer which already had a drop shadow applied to it. When I go to change the values of the drop shadow on the NEW layer it also affects the layer affects of the ORIGINAL layer. Why is this happening and how do I avoid it so that I can have the layers display unique drop shadow effects?



Thanks



Kit
Layer Effect Separation
No, making changes to the styles on one layer will not affect the style on another layer.



You can only do that by putting the layer in a smart object, then duplicating the smart object.
Layer Effect Separation
Chris, how can that be? I duplicated my rastered layer and its doing it.

I don't know what you are seeing, but making changes to styles on one layer won't affect the styles on another layer.

Global light?

Yeah, if he tries to change the light angle and has it set to global - that would change it, of course. (that's expected behavior though)

Ah, I think that's what it is - global light. Thanks guys
  • makeup school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment