Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to select within a layer group

Hi -



I have a PSD file with many layers organized into Layer Groups. In the past (CS2), or with layers outside Layer Groups, if I wanted to locate the layer for a specific item on the ''stage'' I could Ctrl+click on the item and it's layer would be highlighted.



Now (CS3 - OSX 10.5.6) if the item I Ctrl+click on is on a layer within a Group, I wind up highlighting only the Layer Group (with the folder icon) - not the specific layer. This is not very helpful and can't be the intended behavior.



How do I quickly highlight the layer of a specific item?



TIA for your help.



jl
How to select within a layer group
Your going to kick yourself when you see how obvious this is. When you have the move tool selected if you look up at the options bar, where it says Auto Select, you can choose layer or group. For some reason when you load for the first time it defaults to ''group'', another daft default



If you wish to continue using the Command key shortcut, you don't bother to check the Auto-select box. Its control if you are using a peecee
How to select within a layer group
THUMP (sound of me kicking myself).

Thanks Mark!
  • makeup school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment