Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where do I chose my monitor profile in...

I have a LaCie321 monitor with a Blue Eye calibrator. Once the profile is created where do I select it in CS3? Does it replace Adobe RGB 1998 under color settings , working space? It's the only place I see where it appears. Any suggestions for a good article explaining color management/profiles in Photoshop? Thanks!
Where do I chose my monitor profile in...
%26gt;Does it replace Adobe RGB 1998 under color settings



No, no, NO! Don't do that! That would lead to disaster.



You don't set the monitor profile in Photoshop, you set it in the OS and Photoshop reads it from there.



Go to the Apple menu %26gt; System Preferences %26gt; Displays %26gt; Color %26gt; select your calibrated profile there.
Where do I chose my monitor profile in...
%26gt;Any suggestions for a good article explaining color management/profiles in Photoshop?



http://www.gballard.net/psd/cmstheory.html

when you make your profile with your calibrator the last step in the process automatically selects the new monitor profile for your system. Now Photoshop will use it. You don't do a thing with it.

Emily,



As a reminder, when you calibrate, be sure you select 2.2 gamma and 6500掳K temperature.



Neil

Emily,



As a reminder, when you calibrte, be sure you select 2.2 gamma and 6500掳K temperature.



Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment