Sunday, March 28, 2010

Error: ''Could not complete your...

Today I started my program (photoshop CS2 9.0.2) and opened a JPG file. When I went to print the file the program crashed and closed. When I restarted the program and went to open the file I got this error message, ''Could not complete your request because of a program error''.



I have tried several different file types/sizes and all result in the same error message since the program crashed. It will not open any file I try to open. As I indicated above I am using Photoshop CS2 9.0.2 it is on a MAC with OSX 10.4.11.



I called Adobe and the Rep directed me to Tech Note 331307 and told me to Re-create the Photoshop preferences files. Which I did and restarted the program, but when I tried to open a file (any file) I still get the same error message so it doesn't appear to be the preferences.



Does anyone have any info as to what the problem may be and how to correct it.



Thanks
Error: ''Could not complete your...
Does everything work when you make a new user?
Error: ''Could not complete your...
Buko,

what do you mean by make a new user? Do you mean create a new user account on the computer?

%26gt;Do you mean create a new user account on the computer?



Yes. It's a basic troubleshooting step.

Thanks for the response. OK... This is the first day I have been able to get back to the problem.



My system I am running Photoshop on is a Power Mac G4, AGP Graphics ATY Rage 128Pro chip set 16MB VRAM LCD 1280x1024 32-bit color, 500MHz, 1.75GB of memory, 1 MB L2 Cache, 100 MHz Bus Speed. I had installed the latest security update and repaired the permissions the day the problem started.



Now to day I started the system and went in and created a Guest Account. I logged into the guest account and started Photoshop. Low and behold it worked just fine. So I logged out of guest and logged into my main user account And started Photoshop. Wouldn't you know it.... It works just fine. I can open any file I want with now problems.



I got to thinking after I had done all of this that I wished I had tried to open a file in Photoshop today prior to creating the guest account to see if it still had the problem in my main user account.



I did not change anything else on the system and all seems to work fine now. So at his point I am really not sure what the problem was.



Again thanks for taking the time to respond to this issue.

Glad you solved your problem, Bill. :)



Trying a fresh new account sometimes clears the problems in

all
accounts. Computer voodoo indeed, but always welcome. That's why it's always worth trying, it certainly can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment